This year’s annual URTeC exposition, now in its 7th year, is held at the Colorado Conventional Center, Denver, USA. Anticipated attendance figures suggest more than 6,000 geologists, geophysicists and engineers will be at the show, being able to attend over 300 technical presentations.
With the upstream industry experiencing a recent surge due to the upturn in the price of oil, the event looks to push the boundaries of the latest science and technology has to offer, through collaboration and knowledge sharing, with a view to applying this to the exploration and development of future unconventional resource production.
The unification of the entire asset team together in the same space at URTeC is achieved by the sponsoring organisations:
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
As well as a further 9 endorsing organisations:
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- Association for Iron and Steel Technology (AIST)
- American Rock Mechanics Association (ARMA)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SMME)
- Society of Petroleum Evaluation Engineers (SPEE)
- Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts (SPWLA)
This year we will be located on the IHS Markit Booth 523. We are looking to discuss your unconventional challenges and how we might collaborate within the disciplines of seismic time to depth conversion and seismic inversion to enhance the scope, accuracy and capability of your workflows, both today and into the future.
We will be showcasing the 2019 versions of our VelPAK/Velit and Kingdom Seismic Inversion/InSeis software (available on Kingdom/Petrel respectively), focusing on their individual application to better resolving unconventional reservoir characteristics, in terms of their depth and impedance, as well as discussing our up-coming Pre-Stack Inversion technique.
If you are interested in working with us to deliver cost-effective solutions that can assist you in making the right decisions in depth and/or you’d like to learn more about our upcoming Pre-Stack Inversion technique, then we look forward to seeing you on IHS Markit Booth 523, or you can contact us to arrange a private demonstration at:
We look forward to meeting you there!