Simulated Annealing Inversion
Simulated Annealing Inversion is a robust algorithm that derives the layered impedance models via an efficient search of the model space for an optimised set of model parameters using the method of simulated annealing.
Click here to watch a webinar of our simulated annealing inversion software.
The model driven approach enables the confusing presence of the seismic wavelet to be removed as well as achieving the transformation from boundary to layer properties.
SA inversion estimates a wide-bandwidth model and requires a low frequency a priori background model to provide missing information in the cost function to be minimised in the optimisation.
- Use global optimisation technique avoiding the solution to be trapped at local minima
- Apply parameter constraints using a macro-model model and seismic amplitudes to reduce the non-uniqueness problem
- Output high resolution relative impedance as well as absolute impedance
- Support multi-CPU processing
- Easy to parameterise and run
- Integrated in Kingdom and easy to use link with Petrel